The Marine Board Safety Regulations require most boats to have various items of safety equipment when in operation. Boat owners should ensure they comply with these regulations to prevent accidents and avoid prosecution.
The following is a recommended list of equipment a prudent mariner may wish to check before proceeding to sea.
1. Life jacket (one for each person on board)
2. Two oars/paddles
3. Bailer/hand pump/bilge pump
4. Anchor, change and adequate rope
5. Fire extinguisher
6. First Aid Kit
8. Mirror (to attract attention)
9. Distress rockets, flares, smoke, etc. in a water-tight container
10. VHF Radio
12. Tool Kit
13. Fuel/oil Water